Quick Guide to Get Ready for LTSI 3.10
- Check what is in the 3.11 kernel to see if there are any new features, functions, device drivers etc that you would like to add on top of LTS-3.10.
- Keep your eyes on 3.12 kernel development to see if any new features, functions, device drivers etc, that you wish to add on top of LTS-3.10, are merging to the 3.12 mainline kernel.
- If we are lucky enough, we can also back port the patch from 3.13 kernel to this LTSI kernel development cycle.
- Throw your patch over to the mailing list (https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ltsi-dev)
- We basically back port only the patches that are previously accepted to the main line kernel. In the meantime if you have in-house patches that are NOT merged with the mainline kernel yet, please don't be discouraged, but send your patches anyway. We have LTSI Patchwork (https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/ltsi-dev/list/), which is a collection of patches that are submitted to LTSI mailing list. From this patch work, you can cherry pick the patches you wish to add on to LTSI-3.10 on your own.